Hot tips to keep summer cool:
- If you haven’t already, have your air conditioning unit checked and serviced for summer. Think of it as you would an oil change and fluid check for your car.
- For outside units, keep at least 2 feet of clearance around all sides of the unit. This allows for proper fresh air intake, and expelling hot air.
- Be mindful of yard clippings! Aim the lawnmower so cuttings blow away from the unit, not into the unit, which will cause clogging and inefficiency. EXTRA: If you have a lawn service, then shut down your unit for 15 minutes or so until they are finished. This lets all the dust and clippings settle, and not get sucked into your air conditioning unit.
- Check and replace filters regularly. This cuts down on indoor allergies, and improves efficiency. We recommend checking every 30 days.
- Keep the number of your service contractor near the main unit for convenience.